Saturday, January 29, 2011

One Week!

It's bizzare how a week can fly by! The last week of January was certainly one of those weeks. We almost made it through the week without a schedule interruption due to weather... almost! Maybe next week we'll stay on track... possibly?!  I was happy to have extra time to put into cleaning up the mud the pups tend to drag in, reorganize cabinets that have been urking my nerves, and clean out some of my closet- to make room for Spring stuff!  The show stopper of the week was my best friend welcoming her little man into the world.  He is perfect and beautiful, and I can't wait to visit again for baby nuzzles!
My most enjoyed dinner from this awesome week was Proscuitto Wrapped Pork Tenderloin, with Kale Chips, and Quinoa-mac and Cheese (which still needs tweaking!).
Steve couldn't get enough of the pork! I'm glad I picked up two tenderloins ;)

I dusted a 1ish lb tenderloin with garlic, onion powder, dried sage, salt, pepper, and dried mustard.
Then, wrapped the pork in 3-4 pieces of proscuitto.
It was baked in a 400 degree oven for 30-35 minutes. 
After giving it a chance to stand for roughly 10 minutes we cut into it. It was EASY- and super juicy!       

Kale has been popping up on my random craving radar lately! I buy the whole (head?! leaves?!) BUSH of kale and cut the leaves in half up the stem.
Then I cut each half  of the leaf into 3 or 4 pieces. 
Place it in a plastic bag or bowl and cover with 2 Tbsp Olive Oil.
Shake bag, or mix in bowl, until all of the Kale is covered. If any parts are missing I cheat and spray with Pam Olive Oil spray! 
Finish by dusting with garlic powder, sea salt, and cayenne pepper (depending on how spicy you like your food- we use a lot!) 
It is baked in a 425 degree oven for 7 minutes (check them, they may need  a few minutes longer).













Enjoy- they are addicting!

No comments:

Post a Comment