Monday, January 31, 2011

5 things

Here are 5 completely random and unrelated things about me!  Followed by a totally easy and delicious dinner, of course!

1.  My favorite breed of dog is the Pit Bulls, but I really want a pet pig and a pretty rooster to run around my yard (both barnyard animal varieties have been given a VETO by hubby... but I still totally want them!)

2. I didn't really like VA wine, until I started going to VA wineries.... and now I love it!

3.  I believe leftovers make the best breakfast, and I rarely heat them up!

4.  I love driving- I always offer to drive whenever we get in the car! I have had a daydream (or 2) about being a race car driver- like Formula 1 style!

5. I waited tables for a very long time- while in high school, college, and grad school.... one of the few places I worked was a diner, which may be where I drew inspiration for tonight's dinner!  It was tasty- EASY- and devoured quickly.

Chicken Salad (two times) with Toasted Pita Bread
2 boneless skinless chicken breast
1/4 cup Italian Dressing
1/2 cup Chicken Broth
1/3 cup Mayo- I use the lightened Olive Oil kind
1/2 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
1 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper


Start by cutting the chicken into thinly sliced strips. Cook over medium heat in the dressing and broth- cook until chicken is completely done, with no pink (ewh!)
Shred chicken into bits and pieces, before mixing with the all remaining ingredients.
Serve over a green salad with LOTS of cucumbers, and diced red pepper! Red onion also makes a great addition to the salad- and is perfect with the chicken salad. 
For the toasted pita- rub generously with olive oil, add sea salt and garlic. Toast for a few minutes in a 400 degree oven. Enjoy the warmed pitas with the salad.


Tonights simple dinner was a fantastic way to cap off a day of brunch with my little sister! We headed to LuLu's!   She had a country ham and crab omelet, while I went with smoked salmon eggs benedict- with spinach and crab hollendaise. Each was awesome- of course a mimosa always makes brunch better! 

After brunch I swung by to quickly visit my friend and her new addition- they were able to head home today!!

The days festivities didn't end there- I jetted off to a baby shower for another friend and spent a few hours visiting with some dear girlfriends! HOLY PREGGER GIRLFRIENDS BATMAN- there are LOTS of new additions arriving in 2011!!!


I'm excited for PJ's and down time with my dude! Time to DIVE into the bed, and call it a day...'er night!

Keep your fingers crossed for mild weather this week- and no interruptions!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment