Sunday, November 21, 2010

Punkin'


So he tells me I do this all the time.... obsess over an ingredient... run it into the ground.... decide I need to break up with the ingredient... only to start the vicious cycle all over again with something else.


Is there a helpline for problems such as these?!


So right now... and for the past month or so I've been obsessed with Libby's Canned Pumpkin Puree. I put it in everything.


My love affair with pumpkin is definitely a healthy one- fiber, vitamins A, K, C, and E, antioxidant, magnesium, potassium, and iron- that's a pretty rockin' nutritional resume!


So to get the mornings going there have been one of two breakfasts!


The first is a Pumpkin Smoothie


The night before I freeze a peeled banana. Add the banana to the following in a blender, and swirl!




1/2 cup pumpkin puree


1 cup greek yogurt


3 TBSP Agave Nectar


1/3 cup Almond Milk


1 tsp pumpkin pie spice


1/2 tsp cinnamon




( I also tossed in an apple to the mix one morning... it was awesome!)


extra tasty with a side of graham crackers!




The second is for mornings that require some warmth.


Pumpkin Oat Meal




I make normal oatmeal- 1/2 cup Old Fashioned Oats, 1/2 cup Almond Milk, and some water depending on consistency desired. In to the mix also goes pumpkin pie spice, 1/4 cup of pureed pumpkin, and 1 TBSP Raw creamy almond butter. I crumble a graham cracker on top, sit back, and nom nom nom....




So my dear pumpkin- who makes fall that much more enjoyable with your round little body, and healthy packed deliciousness- if lovin' you is wrong, I don't wanna be right!

No comments:

Post a Comment