Tuesday, February 8, 2011

a well spiced cold....

booo.....
The germs involved with my job have finally gotten ahold of me! All I want to do is curl up with smoothies, soup, and crackers.  Hopefully whatever it is, it will quickly run it course and leave my poor sinus cavities alone!

Until then.... Bluberry Banana Smoothies, green tea, and homemade chicken soup for everyone!

Chicken Soup for a Cold
2 Chicken breasts- boneless, skinless or 3 chicken thighs
Olive oil
garlic 3 cloves
1/2 white onion diced
2 chopped carrots
1 celery stalk (halved and then diced)
lots of cayenne and black pepper, and salt
1/4 cup white wine
3 cups chicken broth
whole wheat egg noodles

Heat oil in dutch oven on medium and brown chicken on both sides.  Add veggies to dutch oven , and  cook until onions are soft and translucent.  Add broth to the pan and allow to cook for a few minutes. Pull chicken out of soup and cut and/or shred. Place chicken back in the pan and season with pepper. I added a ton, because I can't breathe... probably wouldn't add as much next time.  Season with salt. Add egg noodles to the dutch oven and allow to cook- around medium high- for 8 minutes. You don't want to simmer for too long or the noodles will get mushy.


No pictures of the soup! It wasn't that kind of night... more of a climb in bed around 7:30 with Nyquil kind of night for me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment