Tuesday, February 15, 2011

let's share...

I share everything with Steve. Sometime's I am sure he doesn't care to listen to what I'm sharing- as in girly drama stuff that he has no understanding or interest in uderstanding....sometimes I share things with him that are hard for me to talk about.. These are the times that bring us closer, I'm sure. It is definitely a trust builder when you tell your loved one something you know they won't want to hear, but need to be aware of!

On a lighter note, sometimes we share germs. Nothing like a lil' bronchitis to say I love you babe!

Lucky for him, he could still taste last night when we shared our V-Day dinner! 
As promised, here's the low down on last nights dinner!!

Chicken and Shrimp with yellow rice
In dutch oven cook yellow rice as directed (20 minutes or so).
On stove top saute cubed chicken with garlic and onion, in olive oil.  Near the  end of cooking the chicken add shrimp.  Cook until pink.  Remove chicken and shrimp from pan. Return pan to med-high heat. Add 1 Tbsp olive oil, 2 cloves minced garlic, 1/4 cup diced red onion.  Cook for 2 minutes.  Add 1/2 cup peas, 1 diced roasted red pepper, 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, and chopped green onion.  Cook for 2 or so minutes.  Add veggies, chicken and shrimp to dutch oven with the rice.  Season with salt and pepper. Splash with chicken stock, stir, and serve.
Easy!!!


Tonight's dinner included garlic chili sauce, chicken, noodles, and broth! Light your mouth on fire flavor.... or in my love's case just make your nose run a bit more.  I spiked his ginger tea with a bit of Basil Hayden bourbon, for extra flavor and warmth!
Now it's time to veg out!

Here's to the next half of the week being a healthy one!

No comments:

Post a Comment