Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Catch Up!

One would think that unlimited high speed Internet is available everywhere... wrong! Where we live our options are dial up and an air card. We have an air card, which does not have unlimited use- lame I know! This leaves my blog updates lagging because it uses so much bandwith to upload pictures?! I really have no clue what I'm talking about- I only know that 10 days into June we had used 1/2 of our 5 gigabytes.... again I dunno!!! Between vet runs and todo's I haven't gotten a chance to post, until now! Beware -its lengthy, but tasty!

After the dog had her surgery we made a fabulous dinner of Mahi Tacos and with a glass of White Hall Cab Franc. I love Virginia Wine!!! I did not always enjoy it! It wasn't until recently- after a couple of winery visits, and bottles from friends that I became a true believer in Va wine! YUM. This did not disappoint. It was excellent, and I will definitely get another bottle (or 2)!The fish tacos were very basic. While the 'hubs' was wrapping up a cold, and finally getting his taste back, I made everything extra spicy. It had a healthy dose of Cayenne Pepper, as well as garlic, cumin, and chili powder dusted on it before being seared on a hot stove top pan. I put it in a whole wheat tortilla, with red, green, and yellow peppers. A spoonful of greek yogurt and we were off to a good start for dinner!


The weekend came with much celebration planned! For a close friends' birthday we headed to Keswick Vinyeards. The tasting was scheduled to be held outside, but after about 10 minutes in the 94 degree heat, we booked it into the AC. We tasted 6 wines- 3 white, and 3 red. We split 2 bottles and did what every group of 10 girls does- chatted! It was such a great visit. I came home with the Trevillian Red Wine, and can not wait to share it with my dude.
That night, brought more fun with a cookout at a neighbors! I have never had smoked pork tenderloin taste so good in my life. I hope we get invited to more cookouts- the food was out of this world. I am definitely going to bug them for the baked bean recipe. It had multiple kinds of beans- pretty much rocked my world! No pictures though- didn't want anyone wondering "who invited the weirdo taking pictures of her plate?!"
Since then, dinner has been pretty epic! With my summers off I get to cookout and workout. I pulled out a flank steak and googled my options. The end result was pretty amazing. I found the recipe here and followed it almost to the letter. I beefed up the salad with leafy greens and spinach.Last night I went with Chicken- boring right?! It was, until I decided what I would do (thank you google). I marinaded it for 2 hours in this recipe. Again EPIC!!! I tossed together thin strips of raw zucchini with whole wheat fettuccine, olive oil, garlic, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. This will definitely show it's face again soon :)
My hopes are that after tomorrows vet visit we will get to stay home for more than 2 days, and I will get to post more!
Cheers!
"Wine makes daily living easier, less hurried, with fewer tensions and more tolerance."- Benjamin Franklin



















No comments:

Post a Comment